Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Whoop Whoop!

"Only exercise can take care of the calories you've already eaten"
I read that at Weight Watchers changed my life's blog and loved that quote!! I thought it was great!

I currently weigh 263.3 which I started all of this on December first when I was 276!! which is 13 pounds!!!!!!! HELLO!! Those 13 pounds were just from eating super clean and healthy. I did make a few tweaks to my lifestyle aside from the eating healthy..
1) Water.. I am drinking at LEAST the 64 oz of water a day
2) Soda.. I can't tell you when the last time I drank it was.
3) Candy... Can't really tell you wehn that was either (Although during Christmas I did take a bite of a few sweets.)
4) Taking the stairs to work adn anywhere else I need to go.
5) Was walking during lunches but now its cold and rainy, so I will go to the gym instead.
6) Making all my meals, writing down what is put into my mouth, and using thedailyplate.com to track my calories! (Love it)
7) IT IS VERY IMportant for me to not feel deprived, so if I want something, I take a bit of it.. If I want more then 3 bites (Normal, not supersized) is my max but normally its just the one bite so I don't feel deprived, especially since the family eats like I used to.. so unhealthy. lol
8) My attitude has changed. Dramastically. I feel as though this isn't just a diet, it's an actual life change.. which means I consider what I put in my mouth as energy and fuel, for the most part (Aside from those bites I mentioned above). If I'm not hungry then I won't eat, but if it has been awhile since I've eaten I'll have a power snack.
9) Making my own food.. helps dramatically with finances and calories. I measure all my portions and don't eat that much fattening food. Also, I switched my white rice to brown rice, white bread to grained bread, butter to smart balance, eggs to egg whties, etc. These little changes have really added up I think.
10) Now that I am the one in charge of the kitchen.. I can control what is in it.. Of course my husband can buy what he needs to buy, but since I'm the one who mainly cooks, then I cook healthy. I control what goes in my kitchen, what temptations are around, and what goes in my mouth.

I just feel different. It really is great. I have shrunk very much, which is why I wanted to crunch down on the exercise.. but it just feels good. I have more energy and am looking forward for the day and what else I can do to make this weight come off for good. I am reading a lot of health magazines adn looking fro new recipes all the time. MY husband and I are on a budget, so shopping healthy is one of our priorities.. I told him I don't mind having a big grocery bill as long as the items on that bill are healthy, can be used for multiple meals, adn won't go bad. But if I spend money on junk.. then its not worth it to me.

My wishlist: A personal trainer for a few sessions to show me what to do when i work out by mysely, switch from Bally Fitness to a new gym with more classes (I'm thinking Zumba?!?!), a treadmill machine for home or a nice one at the gym... I won't get these for awhile due to the finances, but a girl can dream right!? lol

I will try and get better at my blogging and try and catch up with all you girls posts. Life is just crazy :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Now I am beginning to add the workout and exercise to my routine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing really well and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

    Have you heard about raw food? It's a great way to get lots of healthy foods in, and can help you lose weight - I lost 2 dress sizes for my wedding - and I'm the laziest person alive. You can start with just adding in a salad with every meal and do some juicing with either a standard blender or juicer.

    Good luck - and check out www.rawbrides.com if you need any tips.

    All the best,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete